Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Horticulturalist

The next expert we needed to meet with was Tony Bertauski, a horticulturalist at Trident Tech. He talked about the difference between pest insects and non-pest insects. A pest insect is an insect that is harmful and destructive, and a non-pest insect is an insect that does not harm an environment. He let us look at a log that had been infested by a pest burrowing beetle. He also let us look at a pest moth and a non-pest moth, hissing cockroaches, and an ant farm. Skyler became very good friends with one of the moths that day.

Our visit with Tony Bertauski helped us a lot, and it was a really cool experience.

4 comments:

Hazardous said...

Hi guys this is hal and I just wanted to say that without visitig and talking with these people, we would not have been able to write our script...

marzbotz said...

Hi guys it's me (Mattie). Nice going so far Liam. I am avaible for writing post. Programing, script, FLL, ect..

marzbotz said...

It's me (again) I have a Ice Wolves blog now to. (I could only create an account that way.)

Ian said...

Hey Ice Wolves! Ian from Gearfreeze. Just wondering if I could have some of your emails to stay in touch. mines ijackson314@gmail.com